I’m happy how the colorful baskets turned out and fit either jumbo or extra large eggs perfectly.
I just learned a new technique to crochet the pretty cord to hang the basket on a tree branch.
There’s still plenty of time until Easter to crochet a handful of these mini baskets and have your house ready and pretty for holidays.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF MINI EGG BASKET
WRITTEN PATTERN OF MINI EGG BASKET
I use crochet thread size 10 and crochet hook 2.00 mm for jumbo eggs. For extra large eggs you can use the same size of thread and crochet hook 1.75 mm. You will also need 1/4 inch wide ribbon.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain dc = double crochet st = stitch sl st = slip stitch sc = single crochet sk = skip
- Make a magic ring and ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) + 19 dc into the ring – total 20 dc.
- Ch 3 and dc 1 in same st, dc 2 in each st around – total 40 dc.
- Sc 1, ch 4, sk 3, *sc 1 in next st, ch 4, sk 3* – repeat ** all around, sl st in first sc. Total of 10 4-chain spaces.
- Sl st in first 4-ch space, ch 3 and dc 3 in same space, repeat this in each 4-ch space, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- Sl st in the next dc, ch 4 and dc 1 in the same st, *skip 2 st and make a V-stitch (dc 1 in next st, ch 1 and dc 1 in the same st)* – repeat ** all around, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- Sl st in 1-ch space, ch 3 and dc 3 in the same space, dc 4 in each 1-ch space, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- Ch 3 and start dc in next st but leave the last loop on hook, start the 2nd sc and leave last loop on hook, start 3rd dc and leave last loop on hook, yo thread and pull through all 4 loops on hook, ch 2, rest of the dc clusters work like this: dc 1 in each 4 dc of previous row but leave last loop of each dc on hook, finally pull thread through all 5 loops on hook. Ch 2 between each cluster, end of row sl st on top of the first cluster.
- Sl st in 2-ch space and sc 4 in the same space, sc 4 in each 2-ch space around, sl st in first sc.
- Ch 3 and dc 1 in next st, ch 2, *sk 2 st, dc 1 in each next 2 sc*, repeat ** all around, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- Sl st in next dc and sl st in 2-ch space, sc 2 in the same space, sc 4 in each 2-ch space around, sl st in first sc.
- Sc 1 in the same space, *ch 4, sc 1 in the space where 4 sc end and next 4 sc begin* – repeat ** all around, sl st in first sc.
- Sl st in 4-ch space, ch 3 and dc 7 in the same space, *sc 1 in the next 4-ch space, dc 8 in the next 4-ch space* – repeat ** all around, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- Cord – (it’s going to be easier to follow the video to crochet the cord) ch 2 and sc 1 in sc of previous row, turn and see the video how to find the side loop to insert hook through, make sc, turn, again see the video how to find 2 side loops to insert hook through and make sc – repeat this until cord measures about 6 inches. Attach the cord to the opposite side of edge into 4th and 5th dc (see the video for details.
- Ribbon – cut the ribbon about 14 inches long and weave it through the holes of round 9.
Find more holiday projects to crochet:
DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for this FREE pattern as it is not my design. DO NOT try to sell the pattern or pass it off as your own. However, you are welcome to sell your products made with the pattern. Unfortunately I don’t have the name but thank you to the designer of this free pattern!