Add springtime fresh and colorful vibes to your kitchen and crochet the pretty Tulip Stitch Dishcloth.
You will learn to crochet with 3 different colors, I recommend white/cream, green and pink/yellow/purple.
Tulips grow in many wonderful colors and here is the photo reminder of my visit to Oregon tulip festival in April two years ago:
Tulip Stitch Dishcloth is one of the four patterns of my Easter Crochet Pattern bundle – check it out in my Etsy shop. Easter Crochet Pattern Bundle contains 4 crochet designs of easy skill level to help you decorate for Easter!
Please share the photo of your dishcloth on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/handmadebyraine/
or Instagram @handmadebyraine
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF TULIP STITCH DISHCLOTH
Mary E Venegas Just finished making this Tulip Stitch Potholder, I love your tutorials because they are so easy to follow and EVERYTHING turns out as beautiful as yours! 😊💖
WRITTEN PATTERN OF TULIP STITCH DISHCLOTH
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I use Lion Brand Re-Up yarn which is recycled cotton, one skein of each color. It’s medium weight size 4 and my crochet hook is size 4 mm.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain sc = single crochet dc = double crochet hdc = half double crochet dc2tog = double crochet 2 together dc3tog = double crochet 3 together
- With color A ch 26.
- Row 1 – sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each next ch, total 25 ch, turn.
- Row 2 – ch 1 and sc in each sc, turn.
- Row 3 – ch 1 and sc in 1st sc, ch 2 and dc 3 in same sc, *skip 3 sc, sc1+ch2+dc3 in the next sc, repeat from*, sc in last sc, join color B (please see the video how to join next color), turn. Don’t cut off color A.
- Row 4 – ch 2, dc+hdc in 1st sc, sc in 3rd dc, *hdc+dc+hdc in next sc, sc in 3rd dc, repeat from*, hdc+dc in last sc, join color C, turn. Cut off color B.
- Row 5 – ch 2, dc2tog in space between dc and hdc of previous row, *ch 1, sc between next hdc and dc, ch3, dc3tog in same space, repeat from*, ch 1 and end with half flower: sc+ch3+dc2tog, change to color A, turn. Cut off color C.
- Row 6 – ch 1, sc on top of dc2tog, *hdc+dc+hdc in next sc, sc on top of dc3tog, repeat from*, end with sc on top of dc2tog, turn.
- Repeat rows 1-6 two more times.
- Edge – 1st round: facing right side ch 1 and sc evenly around the square, sc 3 in first three corners and ch 20 in fourth corner for handle, sc in beginning space.
- 2nd round: sl st in each sc on top side, sc 2 in middle corner sc, sc in each sc on left side, sc 2 in middle corner sc, sl st in each sc on bottom side, sc 2 in corner sc, sc in each sc on right side, sl st in each handle ch, sl st in beginning space, fasten off.
Find more holiday projects to crochet:
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.