Autumn leaves are here soon with all the beautiful colors, so let’s crochet one too! With its nice round shape this one makes a perfect coaster on your table.
The pattern is designed by Katherine Laigh.
This is a quick crochet project, it has only 6 rounds, yet you can practice many of the main crochet stitches. Have fun!
Please share the photo of your leaf on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/handmadebyraine/
or Instagram @handmadebyraine
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF LEAF COASTER
Heather Williams: I have made two items under your instruction the tulip doily and a leaf coaster both came out and worked up perfectly, I have done crochet for many years, you are a very good instructor and I thank you for the great tutorials that you do so well.
WRITTEN PATTERN OF LEAF COASTER
I found that Lion Brand Bonbon cotton yarn was perfect size to crochet the leaves. I also had a leftover Anchor Crafts green cotton yarn from my pineapple doily, it’s the same weight – light 2. One Lion Brand cotton bonbon is enough to make one leaf. I used crochet hook size 3.25 mm.
My Amazon picks:
R = round
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
beg = beginning
dc2tog = double crochet 2 together
sp = space
hdc = half double crochet
tr = triple crochet
dtr = double triple crochet
- R1 – make a magic ring, ch 3 and dc 15 into the ring, sl st in beg 3rd ch.
- R2 – ch 2 and dc in the next st (counts as first dc2tog), ch 1, *dc2tog by inserting hook in the same st where you did the last dc, ch 1, repeat from*, sl st in top of the beg dc2tog. Total of 16 dc2tog and 16 ch.
- R3 – sc 3 in the first 1ch-space, sc 2 + hdc 1 in the next 1ch-space, hdc 2 + dc 1 in the next sp, dc 3 in each next four sp, dc 2 + tr 1 in the next sp, tr 1 + dc 2 in the next sp, dc 3 in each next four sp, dc 1 + hdc 2 in the next sp, hdc 1 + sc 2 in the next sp, sc 3 in the last 1ch-space, sl st in the first sc.
- R4 – sc in the same space where you did sl st, ch 2, *skip 1 st, sc in the next st, ch 2, repeat from* and sl st in the first sc. Total of 24 2ch-spaces.
- R5 – sc 3 in the first 2ch-space, sc 3 in the next 2ch-space, sc 1 + hdc 2 in the next sp, hdc 1 + dc 2 in the next sp, dc 3 in each next six sp, dc 2 + tr 1 in the next sp, tr 2 + dtr 1 in the next sp, ch 2, dtr 1 + tr 2 in the next sp, tr 1 + dc 2 in the next sp, dc 3 in each next six sp, dc 2 + hdc 1 in the next sp, hdc 2 + sc 1 in the next sp, sc 3 in each next two 2ch-space, sl st in the first sc.
- R6 – sc 1 in each next 2 st, 3ch-picot (ch 3 and sl st in last sc), *skip next st, sc 1 in each next 2 st, 3ch-picot, repeat from* until you reach the center 2ch-space, sc 2 (last picot was made in last dtr) + 3ch-picot + sc 1 in the 2ch-space, sc 1 in the next dtr, 3ch-picot, repeat from*
- Stem – after last 2sc on R6 ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from the hook and sc in each next ch (total 6 sc), sl st in the next sc. Fasten off.
Learn to crochet maple leaf here:
- smaller leaf https://handmadebyraine.com/how-to-crochet-maple-leaf/
- bigger leaf https://handmadebyraine.com/how-to-crochet-maple-leaf-part-2/