The fringed coasters are so popular now, I decided to create my own version and designed the Maple Leaf Coaster.
The coaster is made using tapestry crochet technique. It’s a great technique to create beautiful designs and patterns, and it’s perfect to crochet the fringed coaster. Besides, I love that it looks as if knitted, not crocheted.
The technique is not too difficult to master but it does require some extra focus and practice. Hopefully my video tutorial is helpful to you!
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF MAPLE LEAF COASTER
WRITTEN PATTERN OF MAPLE LEAF COASTER
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I recommend Lion Brand 24/7 cotton yarn, you will need 2 contrast colors (color A and B), 1 ball each. Crochet hook is size 4.5 mm. The coaster measures appr. 6 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain sc = single crochet Pattern notes: Fasten off and cut off yarn at the end of each row. B1 = sc 1 with color B A3 = sc 3 with color A
- With color A ch 18, fasten off, cut off yarn.
- Row 1 – with color B sc 1, don’t finish but keep last 2 loops on hook, change to A and pull it through 2 loops (= switching yarns here and throughout), sc 16, keeping B inside stitches, change to B and sc 1.
- Row 2 – repeat row 1.
- Row 3 – B1, A1, B1, A5, B2, A1, B3, A3, B1
- Row 4 – B1, A1, B1, A3, B7, A4, B1
- Row 5 – B1, A2, B1, A1, B5, A2, B3, A2, B1
- Row 6 – B1, A3, B2, A4, B6, A1, B1
- Row 7 – B1, A2, B2, A1, B8, A3, B1
- Row 8 – B1, A1, B2, A1, B1, A1, B5, A5, B1
- Row 9 – B1, A1, B2, A1, B2, A1, B6, A3, B1
- Row 10 – B1, A1, B2, A1, B3, A1, B1, A3, B3, A1, B1
- Row 11 – B1, A1, B2, A1, B4, A1, B5, A2, B1
- Row 12 – B1, A1, B3, A1, B2, A1, B1, A1, B3, A3, B1
- Row 13 – B1, A2, B2, A1, B2, A1, B2, A1, B3, A2, B1
- Row 14 – B1, A2, B4, A1, B4, A1, B2, A2, B1
- Row 15 – B1, A2, B4, A1, B7, A2, B1
- Row 16 – B1, A2, B3, A3, B2, A1, B1, A1, B2, A1, B1
- Row 17 – B1, A3, B1, A5, B1, A6, B1
- Rows 18-19 repeat row 1
- Trim yarn tails to leave about 1-inch fringe on each side.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.