I have a quick and easy last minute gift idea for you – crochet the Christmas Tree Ornament! They are perfect for using your stash yarn. You can make them in any color, and add the beads for fancy! How fun!
How about the seaside theme for this Christmas! Crochet the Christmas Tree Ornament with white or cream color yarn and add blue or golden beads!
This pattern is featured in my Amazon pattern book “9 Christmas Crochet Patterns”. Enjoy the fast Prime delivery of Amazon Paperback (you get the actual pattern book shipped to you) or download the Kindle ebook here:
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT
WRITTEN PATTERN OF CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
- I use Caron Simply Soft yarn (colors red, green and white). Yarn size is medium 4.
- Crochet hook 3.75 mm and you will also need fine hook (1-1.25 mm) to attach the beads.
- I use 9 sead beads size 2/0 available to purchase here.
- Stitch marker will help adding beads.
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
My ornament measures about 4 inches long and 2.5 inches wide.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain sl st = slip stitch
- ch 3, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in next ch.
- Turn, sl st 1 in both sl st, sl st in next loop on the side.
- BRANCHES (on first side)
- First 3 branches = ch 6, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in each next 4 ch.
- Next 2 branches = ch 5 + sl st 4.
- Next 2 branches = ch 4 + sl st 3.
- Next 2 branches = ch 3 + sl st 2.
- ch 15
- insert hook in 1st ch (15th from hook) and pull up a loop,
- Adding beads:
- take the hook out of both loops, insert stitch marker in 1st loop,
- put the 1st bead on fine hook and insert hook through 2nd loop, pull the loop through bead,
- take the fine hook out of loop, remove stitch marker,
- insert bigger hook through both loops and pull 2nd loop through 1st.
- BRANCHES (on second side)
- First branch = ch 3 + sl st 2 + insert hook in st between 1st and 2nd branch on first side, pull up loop and add next bead as described above.
- Second branch = ch 3 + sl st 2 + insert hook in st between 2nd and 3rd branch on first side, pull up loop and add next bead.
- Next 2 branches = ch 4 + sl st 3 + insert hook in st between next 2 branches, pull up loop and add next bead.
- Next 2 branches = ch 5 + sl st 4 + insert hook in st between next 2 branches, pull up loop and add next bead.
- Next 2 branches = ch 6 + sl st 5 + insert hook in st between next 2 branches, pull up loop and add next bead.
- Last branch = ch 6 + sl st 5.
- Sl st in stitch below 1st branch (top of stem).
- Fasten off, cut off yarn, weave in ends.
Find more holiday crochet patterns here.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.