I invite you to crochet the stylish Vogue Dress for Barbie! It fits in perfectly with current season as it’s warm yet elegant to wear at all the holiday gatherings.
The dress is made in three steps – starting with dress top, then crocheting the dress skirt and finishing with neckline and back closure. Using the black crochet thread and a star-shaped holiday charm I made the choker to complete the look.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF BARBIE VOGUE DRESS
WRITTEN PATTERN OF BARBIE VOGUE DRESS
I use Lion Brand Oh Baby cotton yarn (1 ball red – color A) and Aunt Lydia’s crochet thread size 3 (one ball black – color B). Crochet hook is 2.75 mm. You’ll also need 1.5 mm hook for back closure beads. I use 3 beads (size 2/0) for back buttons.
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain esc = extended single crochet sc = single crochet sl st = slip stitch
Special stitches: esc = insert hook in indicated stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through one loop on hook, yarn over, pull through two remaining loops on hook spike stitch = insert hook in space below sc on previous round, yarn over, pull up long loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops
- With color A (leave 15-inch tail for stitching later) ch 11.
- Row 1 = esc in 2nd ch from hook, esc in each next ch (10 esc).
- Rows 2-6 = ch 1 and turn, esc 1 in each st.
- Row 7 = ch 9, esc in 2nd ch from hook, esc in each next 7 ch, esc in each next 10 st, ch 9.
- Row 8 = esc in 2nd ch from hook, esc in each next 7 ch, esc in each next st (26 esc).
- Rows 9-11 = ch 1 and turn, esc 1 in each st.
- Row 12 = ch and turn, esc 1 in each next 8st, ch 19.
- Row 13 = esc in 2nd ch from hook, esc in each next 17 ch, esc in each next st (26 esc).
- Rows 14-16 = ch 1 and turn, esc 1 in each st.
- Row 17 = ch and turn, esc 1 in each next 18 st.
- Row 18 = ch 1 and turn, esc 1 in each next 10 st.
- Rows 19-23 = ch 1 and turn, esc 1 in each st, fasten off, cut off color A leaving 15-inch tail for stitching later.
- Fold the piece in half to have esc rows running vertically.
- Using needle and long tail stitch the sides together and turn the piece right side out.
- Round 1 = facing the back side of dress top join color B with sc in end space of first row, sc in each row end space (19 sc), sl st in 1st sc to form a ring.
- Round 2 = ch 1, sc 2 in each sc (38 sc),, sl st in 1st sc, pull the loop longer and leave it inside the work.
- Round 3 = Join color A with sc in 1st sc, spike st in next sc, *sc in next sc, spike st in next sc, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 4 = ch 1, sc in each st, sl st in 1st sc, pull the loop longer and leave it inside the work.
- Round 5 = insert hook through 1st sc, then through color B loop and pull it through, yarn over and pull through loop on hook (=1st sc), spike st in next sc, *sc in next sc, spike st in next sc, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 6 = ch 1, sc in each st, sl st in 1st sc, pull the loop longer and leave it inside the work.
- Rounds 7-20 = repeat rounds 5 and 6 changing color after each 2 rounds, after round 20 fasten off, cut off color A.
- Round 21 = repeat round 5.
- Round 22 = ch 1, sc in 1st sc, *ch 1, skip next st, sc in next sc, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc, fasten off, cut off color B.
BACK CLOSURE AND NECKLINE
- Join color A with sl st in left side of back opening, inserting hook in 1st st of top’s last row, sl st in next st, ch 4 for 1st buttonloop, insert hook through 1st ch and space on edge where 4-ch started, yarn over and pull through all loops on hook, (sl st 1 in each next 2 st, ch 4 for next buttonloop, sl st inserting hook through 1st ch and st where 4-ch started) twice, sl st 1 in each next st until front center.
- Sl st 2 in center space of neckline, sl st 1 in each next st until 7 stitches on the other side of edge on the back (you can insert stitch marker in that 7th st).
- Sl st in 7th st, (take hook out of working loop, insert finer hook through the bead and pull working loop through the bead, switch back to bigger hook, sl st 1 inserting hook through the esc below the bead, sl st 1 in each next 2 st) twice, add the 3rd bead same way, sl st 2 in last 2 st, sl st 1 inserting hook through the stitch on color B round below. Fasten off, cut off color A. Weave in all ends.
If you enjoyed making this outfit, check out all my Barbie outfit patterns.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.
Some links are affiliate, meaning I’ll make a small commission if you make a purchase, but this is at no cost to you.