Barbie hat completes the Barbie summer outfit, so let’s crochet this nice protective sunhat for her.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF BARBIE HAT
WRITTEN PATTERN OF BARBIE HAT
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, please click here.
I use Patons Grace Snow white yarn for the hat and turquoise Aquifer yarn for the stripe to match her dress. Crochet hook size 3.5 mm.
My Amazon picks:
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
Abbreviations: sc = single crochet st = stitch sl st = slip stitch
- Make a magic ring and sc 6 times in the ring.
- Increase in each st = sc twice in each st and work in back loops only – total 12 sc.
- Increase in every other st = 1 sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc, back loops, repeat all around – total 18 sc.
- Increase in every third st = 1 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in 2nd sc, 2 sc in 3rd sc, back loops, repeat all around – total 24 sc.
- Sc in each 24 sc back loops for 2 more rounds
- Change to second color and sc in each 24 sc back loops, join with sl st in first st.
- Change back to main color and increase in every other st = 1 sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc, back loops, repeat all around – total 36 sc.
- Increase in every third st = 1 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in 2nd sc, 2 sc in 3rd sc, back loops, repeat all around – total 48 sc.
- Sl st in each back loop around, and join in first st. Fasten off.
Make the whole Barbie outfit:
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.
thank you love it all. My granddaughter loves it
Glad to hear! You’re most welcome!