It’s fun to crochet mason jar covers because I can mix and match the colors and experiment with different patterns. My latest project was once again inspired by my Etsy customer who requested specific colors and pattern for her mason jar covers. I had just finished the covers in fall colors (orange, brown, green, black) for her using my spiderweb pattern.
And she was interested in exploring more colors to match the spring we are having right now. She also had quite a specific idea about the pattern.
So I found some great ideas online and was able to create my own version to match the 16oz mason jar. It’s made with honeycomb stitch which is perfect for the springtime mason jar cover.
Mason Jar Cover is one of the four patterns of my Easter Crochet Pattern bundle – check it out in my Etsy shop. Easter Crochet Pattern Bundle contains 4 crochet designs of easy skill level to help you decorate for Easter!
Please share the photo of your jar cover on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/handmadebyraine/
or Instagram @handmadebyraine
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF MASON JAR COVER
Pat Daniel Beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial! You explain it very well!
WRITTEN PATTERN OF MASON JAR COVER
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I use Lion Brand Bonbons yarn. There are packages of 8 colors and my favorite is the cotton yarn called Nature. You will need 2 bonbons for one jar cover so I always buy 2 packages at once. Crochet hook is size 3.25 mm, or use 3.5 mm hook if you tend to crochet tightly. The jar cover fits 16 oz mason jar.
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
My Amazon picks:
R = round
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
beg = beginning
sc = single crochet
- R1 – make a magic ring, ch 3 and dc 11 into the ring, sl st in 3rd beginning ch.
- R2 – ch 3 and dc in same space, dc 2 in each stitch, total 24 dc, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- R3 – ch 3 and dc in same space, dc 1 in next dc, dc 2 in next dc, total 36 dc, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- R4 – ch 3 and dc in same space, dc 1 in each next 2 dc, dc 2 in next dc, total 48 dc, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- R5 – ch 3, dc 1 in each next 2 dc, ch 3 and skip 3 sc, (dc 1 in each next 3 dc, ch 3 and skip 3 sc) 7 times, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- R6 – sl st in next dc (middle of three), ch 1 and sc 1 in same space, dc 5 in next 3ch-space, (skip next dc and sc in next dc (middle of three dc), dc 5 in next 3ch-space) 7 times, sl st in beg sc.
- R7 – sl st in each next 2 dc, ch 3 and dc 1 in each next 2 dc, ch 3 and (skip dc+sc+dc, dc 1 in each next 3 dc, ch 3) 7 times, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- R8 – sl st in next dc (middle of three), ch 1 and sc 1 in same space, dc 5 in next 3ch-space, (skip next dc and sc in next dc (middle of three dc), dc 5 in next 3ch-space) 7 times, sl st in beg sc.
- R9-18 Repeat rounds 7-8 five more times so you will have total of 14 rounds of pattern stitch.
- Edge – (sc 1 in each next 5 dc, sl st in next sc) 8 times, sl st in beg sl st. Fasten off.
If you enjoyed crocheting these mason jar cover, please check out my other home decor patterns here.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.