Red white blue is one of my favorite color combinations. Here’s a quick and easy crochet project to crochet American Wine Tote. There is plenty of time until Independence Day to make this fun gift for our generous hosts of 4th of July barbecue. They will appreciate the patriotic theme you add to their party with this cool red white blue crochet wine tote.
Who doesn’t like a handmade gift and the knowledge that you put time and effort into making something special just for them. And if you were going to grab that wine bottle anyway, why not dress it up in beautiful colors.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF AMERICAN WINE TOTE
WRITTEN PATTERN OF AMERICAN WINE TOTE
I use Lily Sugar’n Cream yarn in red white blue color. I love these 100% cotton yarns to crochet all-natural items. I use crochet hook size 4.5 mm.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain sl st = slip stitch sc = single crochet dc = double crochet beg = beginning Special stitches: reverse sc = working from left to right (instead of usual direction) insert hook from front to back in next stitch to the right, yarn over, pull through the stitch, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook
- Ch 4 and sl st in first ch to make a ring.
- Round 1 = ch 1 and sc 6 in the ring, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 2 = ch 1 and increase in each sc, so sc 2 in each sc – total 12 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 3 = ch 1 and increase in every other sc, so sc 1 in next sc and sc 2 in next – total 18 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 3 = ch 1 and increase in every third sc, so sc 1 in next 2 sc and sc 2 in next – total 24 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 4 = ch 1 and increase in every fourth sc, so sc 1 in next 3 sc and sc 2 in next – total 30 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 5 = ch 1 and increase in every fifth sc, so sc 1 in next 4 sc and sc 2 in next – total 36 sc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 1 = ch 4 and dc 1 in same st, ch 1, dc 1, ch 1, dc 1 also in same st, *skip 2 sc, sc 1 in next sc, skip 2 sc, dc + ch + dc + ch + dc + ch + dc in next sc, repeat from*, skip 2 sc, sc in next, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- Round 2 = turn to face wrong side, sl st in last sc on previous round, ch 4 (counts as 1st dc and 1ch), turn again, in same st dc + ch + dc + ch + dc, *skip next dc, sc in ch-space between 2nd and 3rd dc, skip next dc, in next sc dc + ch + dc + ch + dc + ch + dc, repeat from*, sc in ch-space between 2nd and 3rd dc, sl st in 3rd beg ch.
- Make total of 19 rounds of the pattern repeating row 9.
EDGE & HANDLES:
- Round 1 = ch 1, sc 1 between dc stitches so you will have 3 sc between each 4 dc, also sc 2 in each sc – total 30 sc, sl st in beg ch.
- Round 2 = ch 1, sc 1 in each sc, sl st in beg ch.
- Round 3 = ch 1, sc 1 in each next 3 sc, ch 14 and skip 8 sc, sc 1 in next 7 sc, ch 14 and skip 8 sc, sc 1 in next 4 sc, sl st in beg ch.
- Round 4 = ch 1 and sc 1 in each sc and each chain, sl st in beg ch.
- Round 5 = reverse sc in each sc around, sl st in 1st sc and fasten off.
Check out my other awesome wine totes for gift ideas: http://handmadebyraine.com/wine-totes/
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.