The grid stitch pattern and Red Heart Unforgettable yarn are a perfect match for the Soft Trellis Scarf. I imagined a wooden garden trellis with roses climbing through it when crocheting the colorful scarf.
And Unforgettable Heirloom color has all the right hues and shades of pretty roses.
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF SOFT TRELLIS SCARF
BunnyCrochet Very pretty scarf and I love the yarn you used to make it!! Thank you for this great tutorial! 🐰🐰
WRITTEN PATTERN OF SOFT TRELLIS SCARF
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I used 2 balls of Red Heart Unforgettable color Heirloom (about half of the 2nd ball) and my scarf measures about 62 inches long and 8 inches wide. 1 ball contains 3.5oz/100g; 279yd/256m of yarn. It is weight category 4 and content is 100% acrylic. Crochet hook is 5.5 mm.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain dc = double crochet sc = single crochet Special stitches: ch3-picot = ch 3 and sl st in stitch below
- Ch 41.
- Row 1 – dc in 4th ch from hook and in next ch, *ch 3, skip 3ch, dc 1 in each next 3 ch, repeat from*, ch 1 and turn.
- Row 2 – sc 1 in each 3 dc, *ch 3, sc 1 in each next 3 dc, repeat from*, ch 1 and turn.
- Row 3 – repeat row 2.
- Row 4 – ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), dc 1 in each next 2 sc, *ch 3, dc 1 in each next 3 sc, repeat from*, ch 1 and turn.
- Rows 5-184 – repeat rows 2-4, end with row 4 don’t fasten off.
- Edge – ch 2, dc in 1st dc, ch3-picot, dc in next ch3-space, ch 2, sc in same ch3-space, ch 2, dc in same ch3-space, ch3-picot, *in next ch3-space dc + ch2 + sc + ch2 + dc, ch3-picot, repeat from*, end with dc + ch2 in last dc, fasten off.
- Repeat for the second edge – join yarn in 1st dc of 1st row, ch 2, dc in same space, ch3-picot, dc in next ch3-space, ch 2, sc in same ch3-space, ch 2, dc in same ch3-space, ch3-picot, repeat ** of first edge, end the same way.
- Fasten off, cut off, weave in all ends.
If you enjoyed making this scarf, check out my other accessories patterns here.
Or if you would like to buy the finished scarf:
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.