Thanksgiving is near and I would like to share the pattern of my Leafy Table Runner to decorate your dinner table.
This one is easy to crochet, so I recommend the Leafy Table Runner for beginners.
It will look beautiful in one solid color or in changing colors. Golo thread collection has the perfect multi-color thread called Colorful Purple to add the fall mood and festive look at the same time to your Thanksgiving dinner.
The table runner definitely needs blocking after you finish it. I usually make the piece wet, stretch it out on blocking mats and attach it with pins. I also spray some starch to give it extra firm shape. Let it dry completely before removing the pins.
Please share the photo of your table runner on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/handmadebyraine/
or Instagram @handmadebyraine
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF LEAFY TABLE RUNNER
WRITTEN PATTERN OF LEAFY TABLE RUNNER
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I use crochet thread size 10 and crochet hook size 1.75 mm. I completed 65 rows and my table runner measures about 31 inches long and 6 inches wide, after blocking.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain sc = single crochet dc3-cl = 3 double crochet cluster dc = double crochet tr = triple crochet sl st = slip stitch Special stitches: dc3-cl = insert hook in indicated space, (yarn over, pull up a loop, pull through first 2 loops) 3 times, pull through 4 loops on hook ch3-picot = ch 3 and sl st in stitch below Pattern notes: The pattern is multiple of 6 + 3.
- Ch 57 (to repeat the pattern 9 times + 3).
- Row 1 – sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch (56 sc), turn.
- Row 2 – ch 5, skip next 2 sc, *dc3-cl in next sc, ch 6, in next sc dc+ch2+dc, skip 4 sc, repeat from*, after last repeat skip 2 sc, dc in last sc, turn.
- Row 3 – ch 5, *dc3-cl in 3rd ch of 6ch, ch 6, in next 4th ch dc+ch2+dc, repeat from*, after last repeat tr in 5th ch that started previous row, turn.
- Rows 4-65 – repeat Row 3, don’t cut off thread.
- Edge – turn the piece sideways, ch 1.
- 1st long side – in each space sc 2 + ch3-picot + sc 1, in last space before bottom sc row, sc 2 + ch3-picot, sc 3 in side space of 1st sc row for corner, turn the work.
- Bottom edge – sl st in 1st foundation ch + ch3-picot, *sl st in next ch, skip next ch, sl st in each next 2 ch + ch3-picot, repeat from*, after last repeat sc 3 in side space of sc row for corner, turn the work.
- 2nd long side – in first space sc 1 + ch3-picot + sc 1, in each next space sc 2 + ch3-picot + sc 1, after last repeat sc 3 in dc3-cl for corner, turn the work.
- Upper edge – *in next space sc 1 + ch3-picot + sc 1, in next space sc 2 + ch3-picot, sc 1 in dc3-cl, in next space sc 2 + ch3-picot, in next space sc 2 (no picot), skip dc3-cl, repeat from*, finish with //in next space sc 1 + ch3-picot + sc 1, in next space sc 2 + ch3-picot// (14 picots), sc 3 in beginning ch of edge, sl st in 1st sc, fasten off, cut off thread.
- Weave in ends and block the table runner.
If you enjoyed crocheting this table runner, check out my other home decor crochet patterns here.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.