This is a perfect crochet project for beginners to practice different types of stitches while creating a beautiful flower motif.
And when you make enough of the squares it will be easy to connect them with slip stitches to make a table runner, bedspread or how about a pretty lacy summer shawl.
It’s so much fun to experiment with all the possible color combinations because with each new mix of colors it’s going to look a little different and unique.
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF FLOWER SQUARE
SunshineLeclair oh my these are just adorable … even just the flower part, sewn on as a decoration for little ones hat or sweater …. thanks so much for sharing 😉 Donna from Canada
WRITTEN PATTERN OF FLOWER SQUARE
The bigger square measures 4 inches on each side, I use crochet thread size 3 and crochet hook 2.25 mm.
The smaller square measure 3 inches on each side, I use crochet thread size 10 and crochet hook 2 mm.
Abbreviations: ch = chain sl st = slip stitch sc = single stitch dc = double crochet dc2tog = double crochet 2 together dc3tog = double crochet 3 together
And it goes like this:
- with color A chain 8, slip st in first ch to form a ring
- ch 1 and sc 11 into the ring, sl st in first sc, fasten off
- join color B with sc in stitch you ended the previous round, *ch 15 and sc in next sc, repeat from*, sl st in first sc, 12 petals, fasten off
- join color C with sl st in one of the 15-chain petals, ch 2 and dc2tog in same space, ch 5, sc in next petal, ch 5, sc in next petal, ch 5, (dc3tog + ch 4 + dc3tog in next petal, ch 5, sc in next petal, ch 5, sc in next petal, ch 5) 3 times, dc3tog in first petal, ch 4, sl st in top of first dc cluster, fasten off
- join color A with sl st in one of the 4-chain spaces, ch 2 and dc2tog in same space, ch 4, sc in next 5ch-space, ch 4, dc3tog in next 5ch-space, ch 4, sc in next 5c-space, ch 4, (dc3tog + ch 5 + dc3tog in corner 4ch-space, ch 4, sc in next 5ch-space, ch 4, dc3tog in next 5ch-space, ch 4, sc in next 5c-space, ch 4) 3 times, dc3tog in first corner, ch 4, sl st in top of first dc cluster
- sl st in next 4ch-space, sc 5 in same space, sc 5 in each next 4ch-space, sc 7 in each corner 5ch-space, sl st in beginning sc and fasten off
DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for this FREE pattern as it is not my design. DO NOT try to sell the pattern or pass it off as your own. However, you are welcome to sell your products made with the pattern. Unfortunately I don’t have the name but thank you to the designer of this free pattern!