Still need a Christmas gift idea? How about crocheting this very easy and cute Christmas Jar Cozy. It is quick too – I made one in less than an hour!
The cozy is meant for 16oz mason jar.
Please share the photo of your cozy on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/handmadebyraine/
or Instagram @handmadebyraine
This pattern is featured in my Amazon pattern book “9 Christmas Crochet Patterns”. Enjoy the fast Prime delivery of Amazon Paperback (you get the actual pattern book shipped to you) or download the Kindle ebook here:
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF CHRISTMAS JAR COZY
WRITTEN PATTERN OF CHRISTMAS JAR COZY
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I use Catania Glamour by Schachenmayr ( it is available to purchase on Raverly and Etsy) – green, red and white, 1 ball each (color A). It is cotton and ball size is 50g/1.75oz 142m/155yds. You can use any yarn (cotton works best) weight category 2.
In case you want to use a different yarn, check out this great source for yarn substitution.
For the edge I use Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle Marshmallow 1 ball (color B). Crochet hook is size 3mm. You will also need 16oz mason jar.
My Amazon picks:
Abbreviations: ch = chain dc = double crochet sl st = slip stitch hdc = half double crochet sc = single crochet
- With color A make a magic ring.
- Round 1 – ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), dc 11 in the ring, sl st in 3rd beg ch (12 dc).
- Round 2 – ch 2 (counts as 1st hdc here and throughout), hdc 1 in same space, hdc 2 in each dc, sl st in 2nd beg ch (24 hdc).
- Round 3– ch 2, hdc 1 in same space, hdc 1 in next dc, *hdc 2 in next dc, hdc 1 in next dc, repeat from*, sl st in 2nd beg ch (36 hdc).
- Round 4 – ch 2, hdc 1 in same space, hdc 1 in each next 2 hdc, *hdc 2 in next hdc, hdc 1 in each next 2 hdc, repeat from*, sl st in 2nd beg ch (48 hdc).
- Round 5 – ch 1, sc in same space, sc 1 in next hdc, ch 6, skip 3 hdc, *sc 1 in each next 3 hdc, ch 6, skip 3 hdc, repeat from* until last 4 stitches, skip 3 and sc in last hdc, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 6 – ch 1, sc in same space, ch 3, sc in next ch6-space, ch 3, *sc in 2nd of 3 sc (skip 1st and 3rd sc), ch 3, sc in next ch6-space, ch 3, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 7 – sl st in next 2 ch, *sc in ch3-space, sc in next sc, sc in ch3-space, ch 6, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 8 – sl st in next sc, ch 1, sc in same space, ch 3, sc in next ch6-space, ch 3, *sc in 2nd of 3 sc (skip 1st and 3rd sc), ch 3, sc in next ch6-space, ch 3, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Rounds 9-20 – repeat rounds 7-8, fasten off, cut off color A.
- Edge round 1 – join color B with sc in sc on previous round that was made in ch6-space, ch 5, *skip next sc, sc in next sc (also the one in 6ch-space), ch 5, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc.
- Round 2 – ch 1, sc in same st, sc 4 in next ch5-space, *sc 1 in next sc, sc 4 in next ch5-space, repeat from*, sl st in 1st sc (40 sc).
- Rounds 3-4 – ch 1, sc in each sc, sl st in 1st sc. Fasten off, cut off.
- Weave in all ends.
If you enjoyed making these Christmas jar cozies, check out my other Holiday patterns and tutorials here.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may make items to sell (i.e. on Etsy, at craft fairs) from my pattern but I ask that you link back to my blog handmadebyraine.com and provide credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post (providing the link). No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.