Learn to crochet with beads and make the pretty eyeglass case.
It’s easier than it looks! And it will make a nice gift for anyone really as we all wear some sort of glasses these days.
The eyeglass case measures about 7 inches long and 3.75 inches wide. You have an option to make it into cell phone case too! Just don’t decrease the stitches on the edge rounds.
Designing the pattern I was inspired by this amazing crochet stitch book that teaches beaded stitches among many other techniques:
VIDEO TUTORIAL OF BEADED EYEGLASS CASE
WRITTEN PATTERN OF BEADED EYEGLASS CASE
If you prefer ad-free printable PDF pattern, you can get it on:
I use Alize Bella cotton yarn. It’s fine yarn, weight category 2. Crochet hook is size 2.75 mm. You will also need 100 glass beads size 4 mm. And a button!
ch = chain
R = row
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
fpdc = front post double crochet
- Use sewing needle to add 100 beads onto yarn.
- Ch 23
- R1 – sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each next ch (total 22 sc), ch 1 and turn. End each row with 1 ch and turn.
- R2 – sc 1 in each sc, ch 1 and turn
- R3 -repeat R2
- R4 – sc 11 and add 1 bead (please see the video tutorial how to add beads), sc 11
- R5 and next odd-numbered rows – repeat R2
- R6 – sc10 + 2 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc10
- R8 – sc9 + 3 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc9
- R10 – sc8 + 4 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc8
- R12 – sc7 + 5 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc7
- R14 – sc6 + 6 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc6
- R16 – sc5 + 7 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc5
- R18 – sc4 + 8 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc4
- R20 – sc3 + 9 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc3
- R22 – sc2 + 10 beads (sc2 between beads) + sc2
- Repeat the 2nd half of diamond by adding 1 less bead on each even-numbered row. The last bead is added on row 40.
- Rows 41-88 – repeat R2
- Fold the piece in two, leaving beads on outside, and sc along the first side to attach both sides (please see the video for stitch placement), fasten off, cut off.
- Join yarn on the bottom of 2nd side and sc to attach the two sides.
- Edge – ch 1 and hdc in each stitch around the upper edge (44 hdc), sl st in 1st hdc.
- Ch 2 and *fpdc in each next 3 hdc, fpdc 2 together (decrease) in next 2 hdc, repeat from*, fpdc in last 4 hdc, ending the last fpdc – don’t finish it, when you have last 2 loops on hook, insert hook in beginning fpdc and yarn over and pull through all loops on hook.
- Ch 2 and *fpdc in each next 5 fpdc, fpdc 2 together (decrease) in next 2 hdc, repeat from*, the last fpdc end the same way as on previous round – don’t finish it, when you have last 2 loops on hook, insert hook in beginning fpdc and yarn over and pull through all loops on hook.
- Sl st in each st, when you have 7 st left, ch 10 for button loop, sl st in same st and sl st until the end of round, sl st in beginning st, fasten off, cut off.
- Attach the button on the front side of the edge.
You may not sell my pattern or claim it as your own.
You may sell finished items made from my pattern but please link back to my blog and give credit for the pattern.
You are welcome to share my pattern on social media as long as you link back directly to my blog post. No copy & paste of my pattern will be allowed under any circumstances.